Most forms of media that your computer can read, including hard drives, USB flash drives, memory cards, CDs, DVDs, and floppy disks, can have erased files recovered with DiskDigger. (Note: DiskDigger cannot immediately recover data from Android or iOS devices connected to your PC’s USB port. Please utilize the Android DiskDigger app to recover data from an Android smartphone. Additionally, if your Android device stores data on a microSD card, please remove the card and use a card reader to attach it directly to your computer so that you can scan it with DiskDigger for Windows.)
Every time you scan a disk using DiskDigger, you can choose between two different modes of operation. They are referred to as “dig deep” and “dig deeper.” The fast features list for each mode is as follows:
Compatibility with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Windows versions 32 and 64 are both supported.
Works on Linux as well.
Viewable files can be shown as thumbnail previews or as a list.
Thumbnails will display executable file icons, album art from MP3 and WMA files, and previews of image files!
When a recovered file is selected, a complete preview of the file (to the extent possible) appears. It will display the image (with pan and zoom) for image files. It will display a text-only preview of the document for document files. You can listen to the sound from some audio files by using this feature.
EXIF data (camera model, date of capture, sensor settings, etc.) is displayed in JPG and TIFF file previews.
MP3 file previews will display ID3 data (artist, album, genre, etc.).
A list of the files contained in a ZIP file will appear in its preview.
- Dig Deep
- Undelete files from FAT (FAT12, FAT16, FAT32), NTFS, and exFAT partitions.
- Recover any type of file.
- Filter recoverable files by name and size.
- Sort recoverable files by name, size, date, and directory.
DiskDigge is a utility that can recover deleted files from any type of storage device, including hard drives, USB flash drives, and memory cards. DiskDigger is here for you whether you accidently deleted some files or pictures from your computer, formatted the memory card in your camera, or want to discover what files are hiding on an old USB device. For additional information, view the comprehensive list of features.
- Works in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.
- Also works in Linux.
- View recoverable files as a list, or as thumbnail previews.
- Thumbnails will show previews of image files, album art from MP3 and WMA files, and icons from executable files!
- Selecting a recoverable file brings up a full preview of the file (insofar as possible). For image files, it will show the image (with pan and zoom). For document files, it will show a text-only preview of the document. For certain audio files, it will allow you to play back the sound.
- Previews of JPG and TIFF files will show EXIF information (camera model, date taken, sensor settings, etc.).
- Previews of MP3 files will show ID3 information (artist, album, genre, etc.).
- Previews of ZIP files will show a list of files contained in the archive.
It’s time for another significant update to DiskDigger for Windows and Android! What’s new in the Windows version is as follows:
- Improved support for recovering certain Raw camera formats (.SR2, .CR2, and .CR3).
- Added support for recovering Autodesk Eagle (.BRD) drawings.
- Data recovery from.VHDX (Hyper-V virtual hard drive) disk images is now supported. Launch DiskDigger, then choose your disk image by clicking the “Scan disk image” button under the Advanced menu.
- included a sophisticated choice to store all recoverable file kinds simultaneously. The recoverable files are arranged in tabs in “Dig deeper” mode according to their file extensions. If you’re very certain that you want to recover every single file in every tab at once, you can right-click on the file list while holding down Shift, and you’ll get a save all files option.
And here are the updates for the Android version:
- Improved the workflow for saving recoverable files back to local storage.
- enhanced support for the new file permissions Android 11 introduced. DiskDigger will prompt you to grant access to all files on your device once you launch it and tap the “Basic photo scan” or “Full scan” buttons. The scan will start immediately when you tap the “Go to settings” button, turn on the switch to grant the permissions, and then navigate back.
Just a quick but important update to DiskDigger for Windows:
- Improved ability to recover compressed files in NTFS volumes. Compressed recoverable files will be automatically uncompressed when recovered.
- Added support for detecting PostScript (.PS) and Encapsulated PostScript (.EPS) files in Dig Deeper mode.
- Improved detection of old IBM PC-DOS partitions.
- The list of scannable disks now lists the drive letter(s) currently mapped to that disk.
- Improved saving and restoring of sessions, for pausing and resuming long-running scans.
Install DiskDigger Recovery App : Click Here